Monday, November 7, 2011

Earthquakes and Meditation

so i've been getting really into yoga lately, it hurts my back really bad but it makes the rest of me feel really good. i do at least half an hour daily. well the other day i decided to switch it up and do meditation instead, so i turned on my yoga-meditation video and less than five minutes into it my house shook. i figured it was a neighbor downstairs slamming a door too hard, but then it kept going. as the house soon more and more i began to realize that it was an earthquake. i paused my video and got into the nearest doorway faster than i knew i could move. the earthquake lasted another 15-20 seconds before it ended and i remember literally thinking that i might die. that my ricketty shitty apartment would cave in and i'd be crushed. just as this thought struck me the tremors slowed and then stopped.
needless to say it scared the shit out of me. this is Kansas, we're not supposed to have earthquakes in Kansas. but apparently the Humbolt Fault Line, which basically runs right through Kansas, has been getting more and more active since 2007, this was simply the big one and now they expect the activity to go back down again. we'll see.
as for me. i kind of enjoyed the danger of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment