Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Drugs

i have a friend named Matthew and he and i have been friends for six or so years and we've always been close. able to talk about everything. but he's uncomfortable with me talking about religion, he says it smothers him, and i respect that. i don't bring it up unless he does first and then we have ineresting, wonderful conversation. but after last week when his mom attempted suicide he's been doing drugs just about every night. and he feels the need to text me about it every time he does. it literally feels like he's rubbing it in my face. and i care about this man, he's my friend and i love him and he's treating me like crap by rubbing in my face that he's a stoner. so i confronted him about it and his response (after about 15 minutes of talking) was:
 "look, i support you being a Catholic. why can't you support me being a stoner?"
needless to say i responded by chucking my phone across the room and bursting into tears. and the reason for this reaction is because he's my friend and i care about him. i love him. and it hurts me to know that he's trying to hurt me. especially by comparing my Catholicism to his Stonerism. he knew that would strike a chord and that hurts me just as much as what he actually said. it makes me feel like i'm not worth the effort of at least trying. i used to matter to him.
the moral of the story is: please actually care about your friends, because some of us bleed for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment