Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Helping Hands

i live quite a ways from campus and have no car so i walk home. well it's past dark and i had to walk home, like i do every night, but this time i didn't have one of my big man-friends to guard me on the way like they usually do. i was walking through the bad side of town on my way to my crappy but adorable apartment and a small, white truck pulls up next to me. i try not to look, terrified i'm going to be raped and murdered and i hear;
"what the hell are you doing?"
i look up to see a good friend of mine from high school whom i haven't seen in a few months.
i laughed and said "i'm walking home."
"where do you live?"
"insert my adress here."
"hell no, get in the car. you're not walking that far."
so i got in the car and he drove me home like a true gentleman. i'm telling this story because i feel like my friend who drove me whom, his name is Kendall, i feel like he's a dying breed. and that seriously depresses me. more people should take a page from this young man's book. he's always been respectful, funny, chivalrous, kind, thoughtful and loving. and that's what every human being, every man, should be. but sadly, most people these days are selfish, gluttonous, immature, jerks. as demonstrated by the pick up line served to me today:
a tall man walked up to me today, put his arm around me and said,"i have a king size bed and it feels real empty without your naked body in it."
no surprise, i laughed, told him 'nice try' and left.
why can't more men be like Kendall?

No comments:

Post a Comment